With all the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), rest assured we are doing everything in our power to prevent an interruption to the completely necessary services our participants depend on every day while also working to limit potential exposure to the virus. That mission drives everything we do and will continue to drive our response to this rapidly evolving situation.
We are taking several proactive measures to reduce the potential spread of Coronavirus to our participants, employees, the homes we work in, and the community. These measures come after internal planning and preparation.
- We are closely monitoring this ever-changing situation and relying on information from our partners and advisors, including State and Federal agencies, medical professionals, and the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
- With oversight from CCI’s leadership team, we are following our response plan to guide a calculated, calm, and informed response to any new developments. These plans help ensure we are prepared to continue providing our services safely and without interruption when possible.
- Like many others, CCI is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations to reduce the risk of spreading the virus, including:
- Limiting in-person meetings and implementing social distancing, including having many of our employees work remotely.
- Eliminating non-essential work-related travel.
- Enhancing cleaning routines at our offices and participant homes.
- Increasing communication to employees and participants regarding effective prevention measures.
- Reviewing Universal Precautions with all employees and;
- Providing available Personal Protective Equipment and enhanced cleaning supplies to all employees.
In addition to these internal precautions, we are also limiting access to each of our offices across the state. These are unprecedented steps, but the evolving situation demands that we respond proactively to protect participants, employees, our partners, communities, and care locations.
Our community-based employees are also temporarily limiting travel to non-essential events such as public events, community activities, civic events, etc. during the pandemic. Transportation to medical appointments and grocery shopping will continue.
CCI is monitoring and following the World Health Organization’s and CDC’s guidelines/recommendations regarding COVID-19, and will act appropriately to implement additional measures, if necessary, to further provide for the health and safety of all CCI participants and employees.
Please don’t hesitate to follow up with us if you need any additional information.
Community Connections, Inc.